Emeritus Associate Professor
- Ph.D., University of Maryland, 1977
- R.D., University of Maryland, 1976
- L.D.N. (North Carolina), 1992
- Francis, S.L., Taylor, M.L., Haldeman, L.A. (2009) Nutrition education improves morale and self-efficacy for middle aged and older women. J. Nutr. Elderly 28(3):272-286.
- Francis, S.L. and Taylor, M.L. (2009) A social-marketing-based diet education program improves dietary status. J. Amer. Diet. Assoc. 109(12):2052-2056.
- Taylor, M.L., Ross, B., Cherry, C.A. (2008) Obesity in older adults: A challenge for North Carolina health care professionals and policy makers. N.C. Medical Journal 69(5):393-397.
- Francis, S.L, Taylor, M.L., Strickland, A.W. (2004) Needs and preference assessment for an in-home nutrition education program using social marketing theory. J. Nutr. Elderly 24(2):73-92.
- Ma, B. and Taylor, M.L. (2004) Omega-3 fatty acids and depression in noninstituitionalized older women. Top. Clin. Nutr. 19(2):117-129.
- Frame, C.J., Green, C.G., Herr, D.G., Myers, J.E., Taylor, M.L. (2003) A two-year stage of change evaluation of dietary fat and fruit and vegetable intake behaviors of cardiac rehabilitation patients. Amer. J. Health Promotion, 17(6):361-368.
- Lovelady, C.L., Williams, J.P., Garner, K.E., Moreno, K.L., Taylor, M.L., Lecklem, J.E. (2001) Effect of energy restriction and exercise on Vitamin B6 status of women during lactation. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise 33(4):512-518.
- Frame, C.J., Green, C.G., Herr, D.G., Myers, J.E., Taylor, M.L. (2001) The stages of change for dietary fat and fruit and vegetable intake of patients at the outset of a cardiac rehabilitation program. Amer. J. Health Promotion 15(6):405-413.
- Kenner, M.M., Taylor, M.L., Dunn, P.C., Gruchow, H.W., Kolasa, K. (1999) Primary care providers need a variety of nutrition and wellness patient education materials. J. Amer. Diet. Assoc. 99:462-466.
- Bibeau, D.L., Taylor, M.L., Rife, J.C. and Howell, K.A. (1997) Reaching the poor with health promotion through community free clinics. Amer. J. Health Promotion 12(2): 87-89.
- Baer, M.T., Kozlowski, B.W., Blyler, E.M., Trahms, C., Taylor, M.L., and Hogan, M.P. (1997) Vitamin D, calcium, and bone status in children with developmental delay. Amer. J. Clin. Nutr. 65: 1042-1051.
- Bibeau, D.L., Howell, K.A., Rife, J.C., Taylor, M.L. (1996) The role of a community coalition in the development of health services for the poor and uninsured. Internat. J. Health Services 26(1): 93-110.