Admission Requirements for the Online Degree Completion Program
To qualify for admission to the Online Degree Completion program in Public Health applicants must:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Have a prior degree (AAS, AA, AS, BA, or BS)
- Have completed all of the program prerequisites below:
UNCG General Education Requirements:
- 1 Literature Course
- 1 Fine Arts Course
- 1 Philosophy/Religion/Ethics Course
- 1 Additional humanities of your choice (Lit, Fine Arts, or Philosophy/Religion/Ethics)
- 1 History Course
- 1 Math Course - Must be College Algebra or higher
- 1 Biology Course - Must be Principles of Biology. A&P courses and Microbiology courses do not meet this requirement.
- 1 Science lab - Taken with Principles of Biology
- 1 Nutrition Course
- 1 Sociobehavioral Course - Intro to Sociology or Intro to Psychology
- 1 Communications Course - Public Speaking or Workplace Communications
- 2 English Courses - Composition I and Composition II
- 3 Global Courses - These are usually not additional courses but attributes of other courses. For example, Western Civilization courses are both a History course and a Global.
Potential students can search for transfer equivalencies at UNCG:
The following is a suggested community college curriculum plans from the faculty of The University of North Carolina at Greensboro. The suggested plan should lead to a student earning either an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree from most of North Carolina's community colleges. In most instances the sequencing of the courses is not important. The suggested courses will fulfill specific degree requirements at UNCG.