Approximately 30 new students are expected to enter the MPH program each fall. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; therefore students are strongly encouraged to submit their applications early. For best consideration, application materials for prospective students should be completed by February 1st. A completed application must include all of the documents listed below and you must have have paid your application fee. The absence if any of these items means that your application is incomplete and unable to be reviewed.
The Department Admissions Committee does not have established GRE or GPA minimum levels, but comprehensively considers all materials to estimate the likelihood of the applicant successfully completing graduate studies in the MPH program. Successful applicants typically demonstrate a record of strong undergraduate achievement as well as GRE scores above the 50th percentile. Our MPH students have undergraduate degrees with a variety of majors including: psychology, biology, nursing, business, physical education, nutrition, and sociology.
Documents to be submitted for admission
- Completed UNC Greensboro Graduate School Apply Yourself Application Website . (International Application available on UNCG Graduate School Website)
- Undergraduate transcripts
- Graduate transcripts (if applicable)
- Graduate Record Examination scores (no more than 5 years old)
- TOEFL/IELTS scores (if appropriate)
- A one-page statement of professional goals as related to the MPH Program in Community Health Education. Please provide us with a one-page (single-spaced, one-inch margins, 12pt font) statement of interest in this program and how it will help advance your personal and career goals. In that statement of interest, please consider the following questions. Although you need not answer them point by point, you should be sure to cover these themes within your statement.
- Explain how you became interested in pursuing a career in public health generally, and in community health education specifically. Consider including how volunteer, educational, work, and/or personal experiences have led to this decision.
- What specific areas of public health and community health education are you interested in?
- What is your vision for your future career in public health or community health education? (e.g., statements associated with your anticipated ideal situation, such as a program director at a community-based organization, or the lead health educator at a county health department)
- Why UNCG? Explain why you are interested in the MPH program in Community Health Education at UNCG.
- Three letters of recommendation . We strongly encourage your referees to write a letter on your behalf, in addition to filling out the required form. (This is not explicit on the form so you will have to make this request). We also recommend that at least one of your letters of recommendation come from a professor/course instructor.
MPH in Community Health Education--Graduate Assistantships
Graduate assistantships are available to our MPH applicants, more details can be found here: