Thank you for your interest in the Bachelor of Science in Public Health degree program with a concentration in Community Health Education. This program has a secondary admissions process that requires students interested in public health to formally apply to the major after admittance to the University. For more information about applying to the University please visit University Admissions.
Students intending to apply to the public health major should do so prior to the April 1st application deadline. Admittance is for the Fall Semester only. The department seeks to admit a limited number of highly qualified students; therefore competitive applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Completion of Public Health Related Courses
BIO 111 & BIO 111 lab CST 105 or CST 341 ENG 101 MAT 115 or STA 108 NTR 213 PSY 121 or SOC 101
- A grade of C or higher in any HEA designated course taken
More details for transfer students are available here.
The electronic application will be available from January 15 until April 1st. Students are accepted in the Fall only.DEADLINES: Applications must be submitted by 5 pm on the deadline date below in order to be included in the review.
|Concentration||Semester Admission||Application Deadline|
|Community Health Education||Fall Only||
All students interested in pursuing the Public Health major at UNC Greensboro must complete the secondary program application. Admission to the University does not guarantee acceptance into the Public Health major. The number of admitted students to the program is limited; therefore, remember that this application serves as the only impression the Application Review Committee has of you. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Application Process: There are 3 required steps to complete the departmental application.
1. Review the program requirements: Review the following sites: UNCG Bulletin,
2. Gather materials for the application: You will upload the following supplementary materials to your online application:
- Unofficial transcripts from UNCG and any other colleges or universities
- UNCG degree evaluation
- 1-page statement of interest
STATEMENT OF INTEREST
All applicants are required to submit a 1 page (typed, double-spaced with 1-inch margins on all sides, 12-point Times New Roman font or 11-point Arial font) statement of Interest addressing the following questions:
- What is public health to you?
- How do you plan to utilize it in your future?
Please indicate if any relevant internships, volunteer work, community service, or paid work experiences helped to shape your interest/goals.
3. Complete the Online Application: You can submit your application anytime, however, the Application Review Committee will not begin reviewing the applications until after the application deadline.
Each applicant must provide an email address so that we can notify of the admission decision. Applicants will receive notification 4-6 weeks after the application deadline (see above). Qualified applicants who are not accepted may reapply in the future.