Thank you for your interest for admission into the Community Health Education Concentration of the Bachelor of Science in Public Health Education (BS). To declare a public health major, it is strongly recommended that you complete at least one public health education course listed as HEA in the Genie Course Schedule before applying to the major: PHE Courses
Please review the department's website for program requirements: Department of Public Health Education Program Requirements. Please note that the courses are sequenced in the Community Health Education program, therefore, the program is takes 2-years to complete.
- Fall Semester Admit: Admission into the Public Health Major occurs only during the fall semester and the number of admitted students each fall is limited. Applications that are incomplete will not be reviewed.
- Current UNCG students: Applications must be submitted by February 15th, the spring semester prior to eligibility to begin the Public Health Major in the fall semester.
- Transfer students: Applications can be submitted February 15th or by September 15th to begin the Public Health Major in the fall semester.
- Notification: After evaluation of your application, you will receive an email notifying you of your admission status a week before the spring advising session (typically mid-March). Applicants who are not accepted may reapply in the future (The next application period will occur the following spring semester).
- Advising: If you need to speak with a PHE undergraduate advisor, call 336-334-5532 to schedule an appointment or come to the PHE Office in HHP 437. As with any major, advising appointments become scarcer during busy times (particularly in the two weeks before fall term and two weeks either side of preregistration). Because our admission process takes time, please plan accordingly.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO:
Regina McCoy Pulliam
Director of Undergraduate Studies
Department of Public Health Education
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
437 HHP Building, P.O. Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170
QUESTIONS: Call 336.334.5532
BY FAX: 336.256.1158
In the meantime, here are some links to decide your next steps!
Information about ...
For additional information see the UNCG Catalog