Thank you for your interest in the online Bachelor of Science in Public Health degree program with a concentration in Health Studies. This program has a secondary application that requires students interested in public health to formally apply to the major after admittance to the University. The electronic application will be available from January 15 until April 1st.
Students intending to apply to the public health major should do so prior to the application deadline listed below:
- Fall Application Deadline: April 1st*
1. Make sure you meet all program application requirements. Review the following sites: UNCG Bulletin.
2. Apply to UNCG, if you have not already done so. For more information about applying to the University please visit University Admissions.
3. After you have been admitted to UNCG, you will need to fill out and submit the Public Health application. You cannot complete the program application until you have been admitted to UNCG. Admission to the University does not guarantee acceptance into the Public Health major. The number of students admitted to the program is limited. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
4. Gather materials for the application: You will upload the following supplementary materials to your online application:
- Unofficial transcripts from UNCG and any other colleges or universities
- UNCG degree evaluation
- 1-page statement of interest
STATEMENT OF INTEREST
All applicants are required to submit a 1 page (typed, double-spaced with 1-inch margins on all sides, 12-point Times New Roman font or 11-point Arial font) statement of Interest addressing the following questions:
- What is public health to you?
- How do you plan to utilize it in your future?
Please indicate if any relevant internships, volunteer work, community service, or paid work experiences helped to shape your interest/goals.
5. Complete the Online Application: You can submit your application anytime, however, the Application Review Committee will not begin reviewing the applications until after the application deadline.
Each applicant must provide an email address so that we can notify of the admission decision. Applicants will receive notification 4-6 weeks after the application deadline (see above). Qualified applicants who are not accepted may reapply in the future.
Are you interested in the program and want to receive more information and connect with the Department of Public Health? Please fill out this form.