To qualify for admission to the BS in Public Health with a concentration in Health Studies online, applicants must have a GPA of 2.5, have a prior degree (AA, AS, BA, or BS), and must have completed the Public Health Related Courses below:
- 1 Biology Course - Principles of Biology (BIO 111), Anatomy and/or Physiology, or Microbiology
- 1 English Course - Composition I
- 1 Nutrition Course
- 1 Communications Course - Public Speaking or Workplace Communications
- 1 Math Course - Must be College Algebra or higher
- 1 Sociobehavioral Course - Intro to Sociology or Intro to Psychology
All transfer courses must be completed with a grade of C or higher. Admission is competitive - Apply early!
Students completing an AA or AS degree, with grades of C or higher, from a North Carolina community college could qualify for the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) at UNCG. CAA satisfies all General Education Core requirements. However, the Public Health Related Courses above must still be completed prior to admission.
Potential students can search for transfer equivalencies at UNCG:
The following is a suggested community college curriculum plans from the faculty of The University of North Carolina at Greensboro. The suggested plan should lead to a student earning either an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree from most of North Carolina's community colleges. In most instances the sequencing of the courses is not important. The suggested courses will fulfill specific degree requirements at UNCG.