The Minor in Health Studies is a nice compliment to many degrees offered at UNCG especially any pre-professional degree (e.g., medical, physical therapy), allied-health/human service degree (e.g., social work, nutrition & wellness, fitness leadership). You can find the requirements for the minor in the in the UNCG Student Bulletin or through the Registrar's website.
If you have any questions about course schedules and requirements for the Health Studies minor you are encouraged to contact a faculty member in the department. The successful completion of the minor is not printed on your diploma but is listed as part of your academic record.
Required credits: minimum of 15 credit hours
- HEA 201: multiple sections are generally offered each semester and some summers.
- HEA 308: offered fall semester only
- HEA electives: nine additional credit hours of health courses.
- Grade of C (2.0) or better in courses counted toward minor
- At least 2.0 overall grade point average
- Completion of at least 15 credit hours at UNCG and a minimum grade point average of 2.0 at time of registration for the minor
- A minimum of 9 credit hours in the minor must be completed at UNCG.