Once you compile your packet, you may mail it, fax it, or bring it by the appropriate office as indicated above. (E-mail transmittal cannot be guaranteed secure.)
The burden of proof is on the applicant to provide evidence to support his or her claim to the in-state tuition benefit.
- Please allow at least 2 weeks for processing. You will receive e-mail notification and/or a letter with the outcome.
- Remember to sign and date your application or it will be returned to you, thus delaying the classification process.
- Failure to answer all questions completely and legibly may result in the application being returned to you and thus delaying the classification process.
- You may be asked for additional materials to support your claim to the in-state tuition.
- You may check your UNCGenie account for updates.
- Please do not submit original documents; your packet will not be returned to you.
- Please submit all materials at one time with a single staple or clip.
- You may black out Social Security numbers and account numbers.
- Please keep a photocopy of your entire packet for your records prior to submitting your packet. Your packet will not be returned to you.
- Our offices are not able to make photocopies for you.
- You must have already been physically present in North Carolina for 365 days before you submit the application.
- The deadline to submit applications and ALL materials is midnight on the 5th of classes for the term in question.