Return to 2008-09 UGB Menu

Social Work Major with Special Subject-Area Licensure in School Social Work

Students intending to become licensed for school social work by the Department of Public Instruction need to complete the licensure program which has been developed with the School of Education (see Teachers Academy).

In addition to completing the requirements for the social work major, the student must be admitted to the Teacher Education Program and successfully complete the following courses: ELC 381 and SWK 582. The field instruction (SWK 413 and 414) must be taken in a school social work setting. Licensure for school social work is granted by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction. Students interested in School Social Work Licensure should contact the advisor for School Social Work Licensure in the Department of Social Work.