Waitlisting in UNCGenie
(See instructions for registering for a waitlisted course.)
- Waitlisting is available on a course-by-course basis at the preference of the instructor. Not every course will have a waitlist.
- If activated by the instructor, waitlisting will be available during Drop/Add for continuing students (Registration by Apointment for new students) and closes on the Friday before the first day of classes for the term.
- Once a waitlisted course reaches the maximum enrollment and the waitlist feature is engaged, it will no longer appear in the “Detailed Class Schedule” search available on UNCGenie. The course will appear using only the simple “Class Schedule” search in UNCGenie (This screen is identified by having only three search fields: Term, Subject, and Course Category.).
- The number of spots avialable on the waitlist for each course is limited. If all of the spots are full, the system will return a message that the request failed. Continue to monitor the course for possible openings.
- Waitlist notifications are sent to the e-mail address that the student has as identified as “preferred” in UNCGenie. Students should verify that the “preferred” e-mail in the “Personal Information” section of UNCGenie is set to the iSpartan address.
- If a seat becomes available in a course with a waitlist, the first person on the waitlist will receive an e-mail notification and will be granted a 24-hour window to add the course. Only the first person on the waitlist will be notified and no one else will be able to add that course during the 24-hour window.
- If the student does not add the course within the 24-hour window following notification, the student will be dropped from the waitlist and the opportunity to add the course will be extended to the next person on the waitlist.
- If the student misses the window to add the course, the student is no longer on the waitlist for the course. The student must submit a new request to be added to the waitlist and will lose all previous ranking on the waitlist. Students should check e-mail on a regular basis when waitlisted for a course.
- Signing up for a course waitlist does not affect the number of hours registered. Adding the course after notification does.
- If the waitlisted course has a corequisite, the corequisite course must be added simultaneously with the waitlisted course.