Auditing a course is the privilege of being present in the classroom when space is available. No credit is involved, no examinations are required, and no grades are reported. Attendance, class preparation and participation are at the discretion of the department head and/or instructor.
Currently Enrolled Students
- A student may not register to audit a course after the first week of class for the semester. The deadline to register for or declare an audit for Fall 2013 is Friday, August 23, 2013.
- A student must officially register for an audited class in the University Registrar's Office, 180 Mossman Building. Audits cannot be processed on the Web.
- Written permission from the instructor is required in order to audit a course; such written permission must be processed in the University Registrar's Office, 180 Mossman Building.
- Full-time UNCG students may audit one course per semester without additional charge.
- Part-time UNCG students may audit no more than two courses per semester and are charged a $15 fee for each audited course.
A person who does not wish to be officially enrolled at UNCG should contact the Division of Continual Learning (336/315-7044) for information about auditing courses. A fee of $50 is charged to non-students auditing a course for which no record will be established. Persons who are not currently enrolled at UNCG but who desire a record of enrollment as an auditor should follow regular admission, registration, and fee payment outlined previously.
Audit Registration Dates for Fall 2013
Students may register to audit courses beginning on Monday, August 19, 2013.
Friday, August 23, 2013, is the last day to change a course from audit to credit status or from credit to audit status, and is the last day to register for or add a course without obtaining special permission.
Fees for All Students
See the Cashiers and Student Accounts Web site for complete fee information: http://fsv.uncg.edu/cashiers/index.html