Drop/Add for Fall 2013
May 6, 2013–August 23, 2013
See Registration Calendar for all deadlines; see the Parts of Term calendar at www.uncg.edu/reg/Calendar/potCal/fa13.html for all drop dates.
Use UNCGenie for all online registration and drop/add.
Schedule adjustment for Fall 2013 will extend May 6, 2013, through August 23, 2013. This period allows students to modify their schedules without having such transactions recorded on their academic records. See registration instructions for drop/add instructions. Continuing students must use the same advising code received in March 2013 for Fall 2013 drop/add processing. This advising code is used for making any registration adjustments throughout the semester.
- You cannot add courses or change sections after Friday, August 23, 2013, without special permission. Courses added after that date must be processed in the University Registrar’s Office.
- You may continue to withdraw from (drop) courses by Web through October 11, 2013 for 15-week classes (see the Parts of Term calendar at www.uncg.edu/reg/Calendar/potCal/fa13.html for all drop dates). Use your Fall 2013 advising code to access the online system to process all drops.
- Drop any course for which you registered but that you later decide not to take. Make sure that the section of a course you are attending is the section for which you have registered; make final adjustments before the Deadline to Drop Without Academic Penalty (October 11, 2013 for 15-week classes, see the Parts of Term calendar at www.uncg.edu/reg/Calendar/potCal/fa13.html for all drop dates) so that you will not receive an F on your academic record for a course you did not attend.
- Courses dropped during the Fall 2013 drop/add period (May 6, 2013–August 23, 2013) will not be recorded on your academic record.
- Fifteen-week courses dropped after August 23 but prior to the October 11 Deadline for Dropping Without Academic Penalty will be recorded as W on your academic record. See the Parts of Term calendar at www.uncg.edu/reg/Calendar/potCal/fa13.html for all drop dates.
- Fifteen-week courses dropped after the October 11 Deadline for Dropping Without Academic Penalty will be recorded on your academic record as WF. WF grades are calculated in the GPA as F (0.0, failing) grades.
Adding Closed or Restricted Courses
To add any class without a waiting list that is closed or restricted, you must obtain special permission from the department or instructor. Forms of special permission include special departmental stamps and the instructor’s written signature on an official drop/add form (available from the University Registrar’s Office and departmental offices). A process that allows the instructor to override his or her own courses online is available, after which you may register on the Web. If your instructor does not opt to use this method, you may have your drop/add form processed in the University Registrar’s Office, 180 Mossman.
Withdrawal from All Courses
Students who must withdraw from the University may do so by dropping all courses via the Web through UNCGenie. Students who drop all courses are considered to be withdrawn from the University and must seek reactivation or readmission through Undergraduate Admissions or The Graduate School to return to school in subsequent terms.
See the Military Call-Up Policy that governs withdrawal of students called to active duty.