(from Section 0010 of the UNCG Safety & Health Policy & Procedure Manual
Each committee will have the following responsibilities, as applicable to the committee's work environment. For example, the Maintenance/Construction Safety Committee will review policies, statistical records, etc. as they pertain to Maintenance/Construction activities.
- Conduct meetings quarterly, maintaining written minutes that are posted.
- Review the university's safety policies and procedures.
- Review the university's work injury and illness statistical records and safety training records.
- Review annual inspections of all university facilities.
- Make written recommendations to the Campus Safety Oversight Committee.
- Designate Employee Safety and Health Representative(s) to meet with representatives from regulatory agencies during safety and health inspections.
- Review and recommend improvements for incidents involving work-related fatalities, injuries, illnesses, or near-misses.
- Review and recommend improvements for employee complaints concerning safety and health hazards in the workplace.