Environmental Health and Safety
Tim Slone, CSP, MBA
- Leadership of Comprehensive Safety, Health, and Environmental Program
- Safety and Health Program Development
- Coordination with Research Compliance
- Safety Committees
Tim joined Environmental Health and Safety in December of 2003. He attended Ohio University where he received his Bachelor’s of Science degree in Industrial Hygiene in 1999. The Industrial Hygiene Manager position is responsible for indoor air quality, industrial hygiene monitoring, hearing conservation, and employee health.
Hobbies: Golf, Snow Skiing, Basketball.
Safety Training Coordinator
- Leadership of safety and health promotional activities
- Safety and health training and educational programs for university personnel
- Safety training needs assessments
Evelyn Miller, MS
- Building Safety Inspection Program
- Fire Drill Coordination
Evelyn joined Environmental Health and Safety in July, 2013 as the EHS Coordinator. She attended North Carolina A&T State University where she received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Management in 2003, as well as a Master of Science Degree in Occupational Safety in 2013.
Hobbies: Spending time with family and friends, practicing yoga/meditation and watching football games.
Daniel L. Todd
Environmental Affairs Manager
- Hazardous Waste Consolidation and Removal
- Laboratory Safety and Chemical Hygiene Program
- Chemical Safety Facility Manager
- Waste Minimization and Recycling Program
- Small Chemical Spill Response
Daniel joined Environmental Health and Safety in March 1998 as the Environmental Affairs Manager. He attended the University of West Alabama where he received his Bachelor's of Science degree in Environmental Science in 1996. The Environmental Affairs Manager at UNCG, promotes campus safety by removing hazardous waste from the university community and ensuring that laboratories and laboratory personnel operate in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Hobbies include: softball, golf, and SEC football.
- Computer Support, Web Development, and Database Development
- Budget, Departmental Purchases and Accounts
- Time Leave Management
- Supervise Federal Work Study Students
James K. Boggs
Fire and Safety Inspector
- Fire extinguisher inspection
- Inspection data maintenance/input
- Safety equipment Inspection
Jim joined the team of Environmental Health and Safety in June, 2000, as the Fire and Safety Inspector. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Education in 1990 from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Jim is currently a Captain with the City of Greensboro Fire Department and is a member of the High Level / Confined Space Rescue Team. He also holds various state level certifications in the field of fire service such as Hazardous Materials Responder-Operations Plus level, Firefighter II, and Emergency Rescue Technician. The position of Fire and Safety Inspector allows Jim to utilize his training and experience in the field of fire safety to serve the students, faculty and staff at UNCG.
Family: wife, Amy, and three children; Anna, Emily and Jake.
Industrial Hygiene Manager
- Lab Safety
- Material Safety Data Sheet Program
- Radiation Safety
- Occupation Health Program Leadership
- Material Safety
- OSHA Recordkeeping, Accident Investigation
Todd returned to Environmental Health and Safety in November of 2009. He received his Bachelor’s of Science degree in Occupational Safety from Illinois State University in 1988. Todd became a Board Certified Safety professional in 2001. Todd has experience in a broad range of EH&S disciplines. The Industrial Hygiene coordinator position works closely with the Industrial Hygiene Manager on employee health based initiatives. These include: industrial hygiene monitoring of employee work activities, ergonomic assessments, IAQ concerns, respiratory fit testing, lab safety plan development, and radiation surveys.
Hobbies: Cycling, Spin Class Instruction, and Running.
- Industrial Hygiene Monitoring
- Hearing Conservation
- Indoor Air Quality
- Respiratory Protection
- Policy/Procedure Development
- Safety Program Auditing
- Occupational Safety Program Leadership
Chad joined Environmental Health and Safety in May, 2003 and is currently the Safety Manager. He attended East Carolina University where he received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology in 2000 as well as a Master of Science Degree in Occupational Safety in 2004.
Hobbies: basketball, soccer, and golf.