About the Staff Senate
Staff Senate Mission
The major purpose of the UNCG Staff Senate shall be to provide for awareness of and involvement in the University community by SPA and EPA non-faculty employees (hereinafter referred to as "staff"); to encourage professional and personal development of the staff; to improve communication within and between all staff and faculty within the University; and to participate in University governance through representatives appointed by the Chancellor as recommended by the Staff Senate Executive Committee to serve on appropriate committees of the University.
Staff recognize their integral role of providing professional support to the University. The UNCG Staff Senate shall continually seek new opportunities for staff to offer their services and experience to UNCG, while also ensuring that staff work in a positive, respectful atmosphere with opportunities for their own professional and personal growth.
The UNCG Staff Senate's goals are to address constructively the concerns of the UNCG staff by:
- seeking out the issues, interests, ideas, and participation of staff;
- developing proactive, progressive recommendations and advocating these to the administration and the staff;
- providing an effective two-way communication link between the administration and the staff;
- fostering an open, positive campus environment and sustaining a diverse University community;
- supporting achievement of the University's vision of becoming a leading student-centered university, linking the Piedmont Triad to the world through learning, discovery, and service.
Staff Senate Constitution and Bylaws
Please note: some items require the Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe web site.
Staff Senate Leadership
- Co Chairs - Raymond Carney, Jason Marshburn
- Co Chairs Elect - Betty Betts, Lee Odom
- Past Chair - Stacy Kosciak
- Secretary - Kim Zinke
- Betty Betts
- Lee Odom
- Jan Albrecht
- Dan Smith
- Sean Farrell
- Geoff Bailey
- Mark Cable
- Stacy Kosciak
- Lee Odom