Staff Recognition and Morale
University Staff Excellence Awards
Update: The Staff Excellence Award nominations have been extended until December 10, 2014.
The University Staff Excellence Award of $1,000 will be presented to two deserving permanent SPA or EPA non-teaching faculty employees who are in good standing, and have been employed at UNCG for at least two years as of the nomination deadline (this year's deadline is December 10, 2014. Nominations are to be sent to c/o Jennie Rikkola, 116 Moore Nursing Bldg.). Staff, faculty, supervisors, administrators and/or students may make nominations for this award.
2015 call for nominations will be made in November
Staff Excellence Awards Committee
c/o Jennie Rikkola
116 Moore Nursing Bldg
Please note: some items require the Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe web site.
Consideration is based on the following criteria; more than one category may apply:
- Devotion to Duty
- The nominee has exhibited unselfish devotion to duty far and above the normal requirements and has contributed significantly to the advancement of service to the UNCG community and to the people of North Carolina.
- The nominee has successfully established new and outstanding work methods, practices and plans for his/her department that are consistent with the University Mission.
- The nominee has made outstanding contributions to the University through involvement on committees and/or representing the University in civic or professional organizations, etc.
- Human Relations
- The nominee has made outstanding contributions in the field of human relations or employee-management relations that foster a model working and and/or learning environment.
- Other Achievements
- The nominee has made outstanding contributions or service deserving recognition not described in the categories above. This could include, but is not limited to, acts that demonstrate safety and heroism or other examples beyond the call of duty.
|Name||Role & Department|
|Melissa Barnes||Human Development & Familly Studies|
|Paige Morris||Exercise and Sports Science|
|Ray Carney||Chemistry & Biochemistry|
|Jennie Rikkola||School of Nursing|
|Terri Cartner||Campus Enterprises|
|Mary Anderson||Dean of Students Office|
|Karen Stacherski||School of Education|
|Libby Sexton||Registrar's Office|
|Steve Sparks||Campus Access Management|
|Brooks G. Graham||Office of Adult Students|
|Rose Smith-Marsh||Public Safety and Police|
|Audrey Siler||Facilities Operations/Housekeeping|
|Ray Carney||Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry|
|Jerry Benjamin||Office of the Provost|
|John Pearce||Facilities Operations/Housekeeping|
|Mary Culkin||Director, Disability Servicesm, Student Affairs|
|Patty Booker||Office Manager, Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, School of Health & Human Performance|
|Julian Cheek||Costume Studio Supervisor, Theatre Department|
|Carole Lindsey-Potter||Office Manager, Women's & Gender Studies|
|Christian Aaroe||Project manager, Physical Plant, Business Affairs|
|Touger Vang||Processing supervisor, Financial Aid Office|
|Sarah Cottrell||Housekeeper, Alumni House|
|Steven Siler||Utilities manager, Physical Plant, Business Affairs|
|Yvonne Cousino||Director of Enrolled Student Services, Graduate School|
|Toni Knight||Director of the Student Advising and Recruitment Center
Director of the UNCG Teaching Fellows Program, School of Education