It's almost time! Are you ready kick back, have fun with the kids, watch a little soccer and enjoy a great party? Then get ready to come to FallFest.
Reminder: Because space is limited, be sure to book your hotel by Friday, Sept. 14.
Two young Spartans get a birds-eye view of the Parade of Chariots.
While FallFest events will run from Sept. 24 to Oct. 5, the main event will be Saturday, Sept. 29. Here are a few of the festivities planned for that day:
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Residential Quad, Children's Festival and Health Celebration. Arts, crafts, a petting zoo, covered wagon rides, magicians, music and dance. Also, health and safety materials and information about community resources for families.
- 1 p.m., Elliott University Center Auditorium, Margaret Maron Reading. The acclaimed mystery writer, who attended Woman's College, will read from her work. She created the best-selling series of novels featuring Judge Deborah Knott.
- 1-7 p.m., EUC West Lawn, Spartan Village. Games, food, live entertainment. Inflatables, novelties, giveaways and music. Alumnus Chuck Folds and the Big Bang Boom children's band will perform from 1-2 p.m. Tailgate party begins at 4 p.m. The Breakfast Club, an '80s tribute band, will perform 4-6 p.m. Snacks, $1-$6.
- 2p.m. Parade of Chariots. Student organization floats, community group floats and more.
- 6:15 p.m., EUC West Lawn, Pep Rally. UNCG cheerleaders, Spartan G's and the university pep band.
- 7 p.m., UNCG Men's Soccer vs. Akron Zips. Tickets $6 for adults, $4 for seniors and children. For tickets call (336) 334-3250 or log on to www.uncgspartans.com.
FallFest will go on rain or shine. For more information, contact Jodee Ruppel at (336) 256-2013 or email@example.com. A full list of events is available at www.uncg.edu/ure/fallfest/map_biglist.html.
For those of you who received a FallFest brochure in the mail with incorrect mailing information, Alumni Relations offers an apology. The mail file was corrupted and steps are being taken to ensure it does not happen again. If you did not receive a brochure, please feel free to contact Alumni Relations at (336) 334-5696 and one will be sent to you.