Counting the days to FallFest
After battling the summer heat, the UNCG campus community can exhale and chill out with FallFest 2008.
UNCG cheerleaders and dancers pep up the crowd before the homecoming game during a former FallFest.
This year's festival runs Monday through Sunday, Sept. 22-28. Alumni more than 32,000 of whom live in the Triad students and the general public are invited to the party.
Saturday, Sept. 27, is a key date to remember a day jam-packed with activities that will appeal to children, teens and adults. Festivities that day, all free unless otherwise specified, include:
- 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., Children's Festival & Health Celebration, Spartan Village on EUC West Lawn. Join us for this
exciting children's event sponsored by the School of Education and the N.C. Teaching Fellows. Enjoy more than 50 educational opportunities including games, inflatables,
music, dancing, cheering, arts and crafts.
- Noon-2 p.m., Big Bang Boom Children's Band, Spartan Village.
- Noon-6 p.m., Tate Street Festival, Tate Street.
- 1-7 p.m., Food and Beer, Spartan Village. Popcorn, cotton candy, hot dogs, soda, water, pizza, hamburgers and nachos. Beer for those over 21, I.D. required. Tickets
purchased at FallFest.
- 1-7 p.m., Children's Activities, Spartan Village. Tickets purchased at FallFest.
- 1-5 p.m., Weatherspoon Art Museum Open House.
- 2:30-2:45 p.m., Dedication of Kaplan Commons, EUC lawn.
- 3-4 p.m., Parade of Chariots. Begins at Quad. Student organization floats, community group floats and more.
- 4 p.m., Sleeping Booty, Spartan Village. This 10-piece band brings a consistent, high-energy show with custom-made outfits, an explosive horn section, lush vocals and
dynamic interactive choreographed showmanship.
- 7 p.m., 2008 Homecoming Game, Soccer Stadium. Pack the house as the UNCG
Men's Soccer team faces off against the Bears of Brown University. Tickets are $6 for adults and $4 for children. For tickets, contact the Athletics Ticket Office
at (336) 334-3250.
For more information, contact Allyson Larmore at (336) 256-2013 or email@example.com. A full list of events is available at