Garden enthusiasts, take note. This year's Reunion has something you won’t want to miss.
Among the new learning sessions offered during the April 17-18 weekend is a sneak peek of a special stop on the Greensboro Council of Garden Clubs' 2009 Home and Garden Tour Chancellor Linda P. Brady's garden. Chris Fay, assistant director for grounds and facilities operations, will share details about the gardens, their recent renovation and green practices on the ride to the chancellor's home. Once there, you can take a walk around and see the practices at work.
Other can't-miss learning sessions include:
- The Current Economy with Dr. Stuart Allen, UNCG department head of economics
- What Comes Around, Goes Around: Trends of the 21st Century with Dr. Nancy Nelson Hodges, associate professor of consumer apparel & retail studies
- 1968: A Year of Turmoil Worldwide with Dr. Jeff Jones, associate professor of history
- Modern Problems of Belief with Dr. Ben Ramsey, associate professor of religious studies
- Service is More than Our Motto with students and staff of the Office of Leadership and Service-Learning
- Jesus, Peter and Paul: The Beginning of the Church with Dr. Stephen Ruzicka, associate professor of history
- And Then There was One A Look Back at the Presidential Campaign with Jeff Colbert, political science lecturer and Alumni Association president
- Home Turf with Peter Ashe, certified sports field manager
- Sustainability and Lifelong Learning with Dr. Sharon Bracci, associate professor of communication studies
So mark your calendars, call up old classmates and get ready for Reunion 2009. You'll be going back to college in a whole new way.
To learn more about Reunion or to get a registration form, visit reunion.uncg.edu or contact the Alumni Relations Office at (336) 334-5696.