If you want to know the latest, or simply want to feel a part of day-to-day campus life, check out UNCG's new Twitter feed and Facebook fan page.
Just last week, alumni on the Twitter feed were the first to hear about the decision to renovate the Quad residence halls. Fans on Facebook were alerted to a Today show segment about the anonymous donor who gave several universities, including UNCG, millions of dollars toward scholarships.
And while you can turn to the sites for news, it's also a lot of fun.
Some recent tweets:
- Curious what the UNCG locker rooms look like at the Coliseum? Wonder no more: Greensboro Coliseum has behind the scenes pics: http://bit.ly/9p4uh
- All aboard! Fall Fest 09 will feature trolley tours to showcase buildings built or renovated with bond money: http://bit.ly/4xGmBm
- UNCG Men's BBall coach Mike Dement is trying to win a battle to get the most Twitter followers. The prize? Dinner. The foe? His wife.
- For a little first day of class fun, here 's the UNCG Spartones singing a medley of TV Show theme songs: http://bit.ly/7gWb0
- For the c/o '13, the EU has always existed, women have always outnumbered men at college & no Saved By The Bell! http://bit.ly/PKYNf
On Facebook, relive old memories or get your game face on.
And while you're online, check out UNCG Magazine's new fan page. Respond to articles, share memories and sometimes get behind-the-scenes notes from the editor.
C'mon. Get social!