Get ready for Reunion
Reunion will have a decidedly creative theme this year.
The April 8-9 weekend gathering of the Woman's College class years ending in 1s and 6s will have art talks, chances to observe music and dance classes, a poetry reading and a panel
discussion on the creative process.
In addition to all the artistic emphases, Reunion-goers will have plenty of time for catching up with class meetings, tours, open houses, dinners and luncheons.
Some of the weekend highlights include:
- A chance to meet Lawrence Jenkens, new head of the UNCG art department
- A discussion of the Weatherspoon Art Museum's 70 years of collecting and the chance to participate in the museum's spring community day
- An opportunity to visit classes such as jazz ensemble, intermediate/advanced contemporary dance technique, advanced African dance technique, symphonic band and
creative synthesis BFA thesis showings
- A look at the secret gardens of UNCG
- A panel discussion on the creative process led by Emily Herring Wilson '61, Sara Claytor '61 and faculty members
- Heather Ross Miller '61 and Emily Herring Wilson '61 readings and wine and cheese reception
To register for Reunion, visit uncgreunion.info. The registration deadline is April 4.