Looking forward to looking back
What are some things you're looking forward to in 2012? For Woman's College alumnae, we hope one of those things is Reunion.
On April 13-14, come back to campus and meet up with old friends and take a look at your university today.
Members of one of last year's reunion classes look for familiar faces in an old photograph.
Some of the special events for the weekend include:
- A Spartan expo where students and faculty from various departments can fill you in on the great things happening across campus
- Welcome back luncheons
- An interactive session between African-American students, facilitated by a current student and a 1987 graduate. This discussion will highlight the oral histories of the UNCG African American Student Legacy Society and their early struggles in the '60s
- Tours of the Alumni House, Aycock Auditorium and the new School of Education building
- A session to meet women entrepreneurs from the Class of 1962
- A reading by author and creative writing professor Michael Parker with a wine and cheese reception
- And the highlight of the weekend the Grand Reunion brunch.
In addition to all of the special events planned for alumnae, that weekend in April is also a busy one for regular campus events. Take a look at some of the other
performances and events you can enjoy:
- The UNCG Performing Arts Series (formerly University Concert and Lecture Series) presentation of Evidence, A Dance Company
- University Chorale and Chamber Singers Concert
- Spring Departmental Dance Concert
- International Festival
- Miles Davis Jazz Festival
The deadline for registration is April 6. For more information or to register, visit uncgreunion.info.