For WGS Faculty
Below you will find:
- Administrative Team: The WGS program has several "in-house" staff and employees, including two tenure-track professors, a senior lecturer, a program administrator and a part-time director, usually "borrowed" from another department for a period of 3-5 years. Along with the graduate director and undergraduate director (when the people in these positions are not already "in-house"), these WGS people make up the administrative team, and meet once or twice a month to deal with administrative decisions.
- Cross-Appointed & Affiliate Faculty: The rest of our faculty have their "home" in other departments. Cross-appointed faculty are those with an interest in issues of women, gender, sexuality and related topics, who have officially joined the WGS program by appointment of the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, with approval from their department chair, and the WGS director. These program faculty are empowered to make decisions, particularly in votes on promotion and tenure, are encouraged (though not required), to serve on committees, frequently teach classes that carry the WGS marker, and generally have a higher-level of involvement in the program. Their appointment term is four years. Affiliate faculty are those with an interest in issues of women, gender, sexuality and related topics and frequently teach classes that carry the WGS marker. These affiliated faculty do not participate in decision-making, though they may choose to serve on committees, or be involved in the program in other ways. Faculty may serve as cross-appointed for a time, then step back to affiliate status to make time for other commitments, or visa versa. If you are interested in becoming an affiliate or cross-appointed faculty member, please e-mail the current director and program administrator, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student Staff: Our student staff is made up of undergraduate office assistants, graduate assistants, and interns who work in the office between 5 and 20 hours a week. Most staff members have specific projects and areas of responsibility they may take on, such as planning events, maintaining the library, or engaging students. A main role for all of our student staff is to keep WGS students connected and involved with the program.
The WGS faculty uses a committee structure to get its work done. Below is the current list of committees and members.
Cone Fund Awards Committee
Carlisle Faculty Research Award Committee Leandra Bedini, ch.
Carlisle Excellence Professorship Committee
The faculty has approved and uses the following governance documents to guide its work.
- WGS Instrument of Governance
- Guidelines for Promotion & Tenure (coming soon)
- Workload policy (coming soon)