Graduate Studies Admissions Requirements
Students will be admitted to the program on the basis of academic achievement without regard to undergraduate major. Students must provide the following:
- Transcripts of all previous undergraduate and graduate work sent directly from the school of previous degree(s) with a satisfactory academic standing as an undergraduate: “B” (3.0 GPA) average of better in the undergraduate major.
- Official GRE* general/GMAT scores taken within the last five years.
- Three letters of recommendation on the organizations/institution’s letter head.
- Statement of purpose highlighting motivation, specific option/area of interest within the program, relevant experience or background particular to the proposed study.
- Sample of analytical or professional writing of 5-15 pages.
* GRE/GMAT quantitative scores will be used to evaluate the preparation for MBA and other quantitative courses; appropriate remediation will be recommended if necessary.
Students are also strongly encouraged to submit the FAFSA form in order to be eligible for Graduate Deans Awards, which provide financial support to graduate students in financial need who have not received an assistantship or other scholarship. Information on the FAFSA is available on the UNCG Financial Aid website.
See the extensive PDF document MA FAQs8-12 for additional detailed answerws to Frequently Asked Questions.