To: UNCG Faculty and Staff
From: Provost Debbie Storrs
I welcome nominations from faculty and staff to serve on the Academic Portfolio Review Task Force. It will be critical to have diversity within the task force by unit, role, and rank. Please carefully review the information below and give serious consideration to either serving on this important task force or identifying other members of the institution that can meaningfully and actively engage.
The nominations for service are due April 4, 2023.
Academic Portfolio Review Task Force Charge
The Task Force will meet with members from rpk GROUP to discuss and learn about the data sources and dashboards under development that can inform the portfolio review process. In addition, rpk GROUP can also provide sample rubrics for our consideration as the Task Force develops a UNCG-specific rubric to evaluate all academic programs.
The Task Force will meet immediately to engage in the following activities:
- Recommend and assess metrics and data to be considered for review of programs
- Determine what qualitative data should be included and length of materials
- Develop a rubric for program review including potential weighting of the various data categories
- Host open forums in Spring of 2023 and early Fall of 2023 to provide faculty and staff engagement and opportunities for input
Terms of appointment:
- This activity is recognized as an important service to the university and will be recognized as such in annual performance evaluations.
- Task Force service will start in April and continue through December of 2023.
- A summer stipend will be provided to any 9-month faculty who serves on the Task Force in recognition that they are not on-contract during the summer. Staff who are not on contract during the summer will also receive a stipend.
- For faculty, a course release will be provided in the Fall of 2023 and funds will be provided to the faculty member’s home department for course replacement at the unit’s standard per-course rate. For staff, one’s workload will be adjusted, where possible, so that staff members may participate fully in Task Force activities.
- Applicants must have the full support of their academic and/or administrative supervisors.
Professional and tenure stream faculty of any rank and SHRA and EHRA staff members are eligible to apply. Interested participants should submit a short letter of interest by April 4, 2023 to Gladys Kammetler at firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter should verify that the applicant has discussed serving on this important initiative with their department head/chair, school director, or supervisor and will be actively engaged as the review process unfolds.
Additional information about the Academic Portfolio Review and the Task Force is available here.