The Advising Center is located in Stone 228.
Our mission is to assist undergraduate students within the School of Health and Human Sciences (HHS) in making informed decisions as they identify and pursue educational goals to enhance their personal and professional growth and development.
We support and empower students:
- through the development and dissemination of knowledge, relationship development, and community engagement,
- by assisting students with selection of appropriate coursework,
- with courses that help students learn about themselves: their values, passions, and strengths,
- by helping transfer students access important campus resources.
Operating Hours Spring 2019
- Walk in appointments only through January 18: 8am-5pm M-F
- Regular Hours beginning January 22: Walk in appointments Mon-Fri, 8am-noon, Scheduled Appointments available Mon-Fri noon-5pm
Calls and emails returned within 24 hours!
Schedule an appointment
MEETINGS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY during peak advising for Fall 2019 course registration, March 18-April 24, 8 am-5 pm
Spring 2019 dates that the Center will be closed:
- Monday, Jan 21: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Holiday (UNCG IS CLOSED)
- Friday April 19: Spring Holiday (UNCG IS CLOSED)
Populations We Serve
We offer courses and provide advising assistance to any undergraduate students exploring a major within HHS. We also advise all Pre-Health Studies majors.
As a community of scholars, the School of HHS values:
- Improved health, well-being, and quality of life for populations, communities, and individuals worldwide.
- Care and respect for communities, with a focus on sustainability.
- An academic environment in which diversity, inclusiveness, and respect for all is encouraged and celebrated.
- Equitable partnerships when engaging with individuals, communities, and institutions in service and research.
- Ethical principles applied to teaching, research, and community engagement.
- A dynamic intellectual community that embraces interdisciplinary collaboration, creativity of thought, and innovativeness of practice.