The Advising Center is located in Stone 228.
Our mission is to assist undergraduate students within the School of Health and Human Sciences (HHS) in making informed decisions as they identify and pursue educational goals to enhance their personal and professional growth and development.
We support and empower students:
- through the development and dissemination of knowledge, relationship development, and community engagement,
- by assisting students with selection of appropriate coursework,
- with courses that help students learn about themselves: their values, passions, and strengths,
- by helping transfer students access important campus resources.
Operating Hours 2018
- Walk in appointments only through August 20th: 8am-5pm M-F
- Regular Hours resume August 21: Walk in appointments Mon-Fri, 8am-noon, Scheduled Appointments available Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
Calls and emails returned within 24 hours!
Schedule an appointment
MEETINGS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY during peak advising, OCT 10- NOV 13, 8 am-5 pm
Fall 2018 dates that the Center will be closed:
- Sept 3: Labor Day Holiday (UNCG IS CLOSED)
- Nov 22 & 23: Thanksgiving Holiday break (UNCG IS CLOSED)
- Dec 24-Jan 1: Winter Holiday Break (UNCG IS CLOSED)
Populations We Serve
We offer courses and provide advising assistance to any undergraduate students exploring a major within HHS. We also advise all Pre-Health Studies majors.
As a community of scholars, the School of HHS values:
- Improved health, well-being, and quality of life for populations, communities, and individuals worldwide.
- Care and respect for communities, with a focus on sustainability.
- An academic environment in which diversity, inclusiveness, and respect for all is encouraged and celebrated.
- Equitable partnerships when engaging with individuals, communities, and institutions in service and research.
- Ethical principles applied to teaching, research, and community engagement.
- A dynamic intellectual community that embraces interdisciplinary collaboration, creativity of thought, and innovativeness of practice.