Interested in an allied health profession? You may qualify for an exciting new program: The NC AHEC Scholars Program The goal of the Scholars program is to train students to become health professionals who can work with interdisciplinary teams to transform health care in North Carolina. Applications for 2018-19 are due by April 30, 2018.
The Advising Center is located in Stone 228.
Our mission is to assist undergraduate students within the School of Health and Human Sciences (HHS) in making informed decisions as they identify and pursue educational goals to enhance their personal and professional growth and development.
We support and empower students:
- through the development and dissemination of knowledge, relationship development, and community engagement,
- by assisting students with selection of appropriate coursework,
- with courses that help students learn about themselves: their values, passions, and strengths,
- by helping transfer students access important campus resources.
Summer 2018 Operating Hours: 8 am-4 pm M-F
Walk in appointments 8 am-11am, Appointments available 11 - 4 pm
Calls and emails returned within 24 hours!
Schedule an appointment
Summer 2018 hours of thhe HHS Advising and Personal Development Center will vary during holidays, SOAR and other Advising events.
- May 28: Memorial Day Holiday (UNCG IS CLOSED)
- July 4: Independence Day Holiday (UNCG IS CLOSED)
- May 4: UNCG Commencement (Closed from 8am - Noon)
- May 1 & 31, July 10, Aug. 1: ARA HHS Group Advising Session Dates (Closed all day)
- June 6, 7, 13, 14, 18, 19, 28, & 29: June SOAR Dates (Closed from 8am - Noon)
- August 6, 8, & 10: August SOAR Dates (Closed all day)
New transfer students admitted for fall 2018 will begin receiving emails in early April communicating summer advising/registration opportunities that will begin in late April/early May. Thanks for your patience.
Populations We Serve
We offer courses and provide advising assistance to any undergraduate students exploring a major within HHS. We also advise all Pre-Health Studies majors.
As a community of scholars, the School of HHS values:
- Improved health, well-being, and quality of life for populations, communities, and individuals worldwide.
- Care and respect for communities, with a focus on sustainability.
- An academic environment in which diversity, inclusiveness, and respect for all is encouraged and celebrated.
- Equitable partnerships when engaging with individuals, communities, and institutions in service and research.
- Ethical principles applied to teaching, research, and community engagement.
- A dynamic intellectual community that embraces interdisciplinary collaboration, creativity of thought, and innovativeness of practice.