Office: Petty 103
Email address: email@example.com
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~cdsmyth/
Starting year at UNCG: 2008
Office hours: In-person: MWF 11:00 a.m. - 11:50 a.m., Online: WF 11:00 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.
Ph.D. in Mathematics, Rutgers University (2001)
- MAT-353 LEC (Intro to Discrete Mathematics), MWF 1:00-1:50, PETT 217
- MAT-115 LEC (College Algebra)
Selected Recent Publications
- John Engbers, David Galvin, and Clifford Smyth. Restricted Stirling and Lah number matrices and their inverses, Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A, 161 (2019) p. 271-298.
- Clifford Smyth. A probabilistic characterization of the dominance order on partitions, Order, 35(2), (2018), p. 393-402.
- James Rudzinski and Clifford Smyth, Equivalent Formulations of the Bunk Bed Conjecture, The North Carolina Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, Vol 2 (2016).
- Karl Mahlburg and Clifford Smyth, Symmetric Polynomials and Symmetric Mean Inequalities. Electronic Journal of Combinatorics (EJC,http://www.combinatorics.org/), Volume 20, Issue 3 (2013), P34.
- Clifford Smyth, The BKR inequalities on finite distributive lattices. Combinatorics, Probability and Computing (CPC), Volume 22, Issue 04, (2013) p. 612–626.
Dr. Smyth earned his Ph. D. in mathematics in 2001 from Rutgers University, advised by Mike Saks. Afterwards, he held postdoctoral positions at the Institute for Advance Study, Carnegie Mellon University, and MIT until joining UNCG in 2008. His research interests lie in discrete mathematics, including problems coming from combinatorial probability, theoretical computer science, discrete geometry, and combinatorial enumeration.