Office: Petty 147
Email address: email@example.com
Personal web page: www.uncg.edu/~jtrowell/
Starting year at UNCG: 2012
Office hours: M 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. and W 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Ph.D in Applied Mathematics, Cornell University (2003)
- MAT 253-01 LEC (Discrete Mathematical Structures), MWF 10:00-10:50, Petty Building 227
- MAT 490-01 SEM (Senior Seminar in Mathematics), MW 5:00-6:15, Petty Building 303
- MAT 190-01 LEL (Experimental Course: Precalculus), MW 2:00-3:15, Curry Building 237, F 2:00-2:50, Petty Building 224
- MAT 293-01 LEC (Calculus III), MWF 9:00-9:50, Petty Building 150
Selected Recent Publications
- Rowell, Jonathan T. “Solution Sequences to the Keyboard Problem and its Generalizations,” Journal of Integer Sequences, 2015. (Accepted)
- Suarez*, David, P. Suthaharan*, J. Rowell, and J. Rychtar. “Evolution of cooperation in mobile populations.” SPORA – A Journal of Biomathematics, 1, no. 1 (2015): 2-7.
- Rowell, Jonathan T. and Rychtar, Jan. “Cooperative Behavior in Theory and Practice: Leading Undergraduate Research in Behavioral Mathematical Biology.” Letters in Biomathematics, 2:1 (2015): 29-45.
- Rowell, Jonathan T. and Servedio, Maria R. 2012. “Vocal Communications and the Maintenance of Population Specific Songs in a Contact Zone.” PLoS ONE 7(5): e35257.
- Rowell, Jonathan T. “Tactical Population Movements and Distributions for Ideally Motivated Competitors,” The American Naturalist, 176(5), 2010, pp. 638-650.
Dr. Rowell earned a Ph.D. in 2003 from Cornell University, and he joined the UNCG faculty in 2012. His primary research studies the application of game theory and differential equations to biological problems ranging from the cellular level to the population level.