The departmental scholarships are open to math majors and graduate students. Applicants must fill out a current FAFSA and departmental application before the deadline in order to be considered for an award. In order to be competitive for a scholarship, the applicant must satisfy the additional criteria below.
All applicants must have demonstrated ability in math/stat courses that show clear progress towards a degree.Undergraduate students
- Applicant must have completed a MAT course at the 200 level.
- Applicant must have a high GPA in math courses.
- First year M.A. student applicants must have a thesis advisor.
- First and second year Ph.D. student applicants must have passed all 3 qualifying exams.
- Third year Ph.D. student applicants must have selected a dissertation advisor.
- Fourth year Ph.D. student applicants must demonstrate a high level of research activity.
- All graduate student applicants must have their advisor submit a letter of reference addressing the selection criteria listed above and discussing the likelihood of graduation in 5 years for Ph.D. and 2 years for M.A. degrees.