The Division of Student Affairs launched the iBelong Project in the Spring of 2019 with the administration of a campus climate survey, intended to inform us of how we can better promote a supportive and welcoming environment for all Spartans. The iBelong implementation team is requesting proposals for projects for implementation during the 23-24 academic year that aim to increase students’ sense of belonging. We know that a sense of belonging is connected to students’ success and retention at the university. We are looking for innovative projects that build deeper community and connections between students across campus. UNCG student groups and organizations, faculty and staff can submit a proposal that expands on a prior project or proposes a new project. We are especially interested in proposals that include students in the project idea’s development and implementation. Teams may submit requests for up to $500 in funding to support projects. Special consideration will be given to project proposals using Spartan Dining to support any food-related needs.
A few examples of previously funded projects include a program that helped onboard new international students, a digital fashion show to highlight student design work, and a program that focused on helping first-generation students get adjusted to life at UNCG.
Proposals must include the following:
- Indicate whether it is a new project or a project expansion
- Clearly proposed outcomes – ex: The program will help provide a sense of community among xx population of students by hosting digital meet and greets.
- Clearly stated impact – ex: Who are the students this program will serve? How will this program make an impact on the population you are trying to serve?
- Budget for the project
- Plan for evaluation to include stakeholder feedback and impact
- Deadline to submit proposal: Open, but priority consideration given to those who apply by September 29, 2023
- Notification to grant winners: Two weeks from submission (Beginning October 9, 2023)
- Implementation deadline: April 15, 2024
- Final report due: April 30, 2024
Submissions: Please complete the following form with your proposal.
Questions: Please contact Dr. George Still, Director of Assessment in the Division of Student Affairs.