As part of the University’s efforts to innovate and reinvent, Chancellor Gilliam has established a new task force focused on identifying near- and long-term strategies for fiscal sustainability, helping develop informed recommendations to make the University more efficient and cost-effective.
Through various mechanisms (campus-wide survey, focus groups, Open Space sessions hosted by schools and colleges, online portal, and already established routine meetings and communication channels), the campus community will have opportunities to submit and suggest ideas related to administrative efficiencies, staff support, workflows and other fiscal sustainability strategies. The rpk Group will provide data analytical support to the Task Force.
The Task Force is not responsible for examining the university’s academic program portfolio but will instead direct its energy to examining operations in both administrative and academic units, with a report on their findings due to the Chancellor at the end of the Spring 2023 semester.
- February 2023: Kick Off and Data Discovery
- March 2023: Data Collection and Stakeholder Interviews
- April 2023: Data Analysis
- May 2023: Report and Recommendations
The Task Force will be comprised of the following individuals:
- Jerry Blakemore, Vice Chancellor for Institutional Integrity and General Counsel (chair)
- Cathy Akens, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
- Karen Blackwell, Director of Institutional Research and Enterprise Data Management
- Randy Elder, Chair and Professor, Accounting and Finance, Bryan School
- Paul Forte, Associate Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration
- Andrew Hamilton, Dean, Undergraduate Studies
- Amy Harris-Houk, Assistant Dean, Libraries; member, Faculty Senate
- Michael Hemphill, Associate Professor, Kinesiology, Health and Human Sciences
- Jeff Kaplan, Assistant Professor, Philosophy, College of Arts and Sciences
- Joel Lee, Associate Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management
- Jeanne Madorin, Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources
- Ryan Milligan, Staff Senate chair-elect; Associate Director, Beyond Academics, Office of Research and Engagement
- Scott Milman, Associate Vice Chancellor for Campus Enterprises and Real Estate
- Chris Waters, Director of Enterprise Application Development and Delivery
- Lori Wright, Chief of Staff, College of Arts and Sciences
- Waiyi Tse, Chief of Staff, Office of the Chancellor (ex-officio)
- Katherine Skinner, Director of Internal Audit (ex-officio)
Questions may be directed to Waiyi Tse, Chief of Staff.