FULLY ONLINE PROGRAM AVAILABLE
The M.S. in Applied Statistics degree at UNC Greensboro is designed to provide students with excellent data analytics training and problem-solving skills for employment in various settings such as health and insurance sectors, government agencies, and business entities.
- Our Statistical Consulting Center, under the leadership of Director and Professor Scott Richter, continued to serve the campus and the off-campus community, holding over 60 consulting sessions and hosting our 5th consecutive year of Quantitative Methodology Series workshops.
- The department received four NSF awards and one Army Research Office award for 2019-2020.
- In addition to the unprecedented success in securing external funding, the faculty published 32 high-quality journal articles in CY 2019 and gave 92 research presentations, including 30 at international venues.
THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- The department hosts a monthly Graduate Tea that is an informal gathering, well-attended by both graduate students and faculty.
- The relatively small size of our department has fostered a culture of getting to know graduate students from the start.
- Examples of careers include actuary, mathematics teacher, operations research analyst, quantitative analyst, and statistician.
Get more information
Want more information? Let’s get started!
Degree Type: Master's
College/School: College of Arts and Sciences
Program Type: Majors & Concentrations
Class Type: In Person,Online
Similar Degree Offerings
Dr. Haimeng Zhang
Director of Graduate Studies
Department of Mathematics and Statistics