Make the world a better place at one of the nation’s most environmentally responsible colleges (Princeton Review 2020). Students in this program study the relationship between humans and their impact on the earth.
With two concentration tracks available, students can choose whether they want to focus on natural sciences and the environment or delve into sustainability and social justice issues. Regardless of their concentration, Environment and Sustainability BA students should expect to take a variety of courses in the natural sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities.
- UNC Greensboro is ranked as one of the nation’s most environmentally responsible colleges, according to the Princeton Review (2020).
- The program’s accreditations and affiliations include:
- Association for Environmental Studies & Sciences.
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education.
- National Council for Science and the Environment.
THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- Work with faculty from across campus to gather information about environmental problems from multiple disciplines, think critically about the causes of environmental problems, propose effective solutions, and communicate ideas clearly.
- Design your own course of study, choosing courses related to your personal and career interests.
- Research assistantships are available, along with opportunities to work closely with a professor on a research project.
- Intern with organizations such as the Greensboro Science Center, National Park Service, Piedmont Land Conservancy, UNCG Sustainability Office, and more.
- Participate in the student organization, UNC Green, dedicated to making UNCG more sustainable and environmentally friendly.
- Receive support to participate in the Lloyd International Honors College and short- or long-term study abroad.
- Careers are available in environmental education, sustainability programs, recreation and tourism, environmental journalism, research, environmental activism and lobbying, and government and public policy.
- Potential career options include:
- Environmental Educator
- Environmental Health Specialist
- Conservation Biologist
- Sustainability Specialist
- Policy Analyst
- Non-Profit Manager
- Energy Consultant
- Climate Change Analyst
- Corporate Sustainability Strategist
- Organic Farmer
Get more information
Want more information? Let’s get started!