The concentration in Mathematical Foundations of Data Science provides students with advanced skills for careers in technology and business intelligence, banking and finance, health care and medical industry, and government agencies. The program covers coursework in machine learning, complex data analysis, and topological data analysis.
- Select number of MA students receive stipends of $10,800 per year as well as tuition waivers.
- Our robust seminar and colloquium schedule brings leading researchers from around the world to UNCG.
- Our faculty are active researchers and have received grants from the Joseph M. Bryan Foundation, the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation, the National Security Agency, NC Quest, the Simons Foundation, and others.
THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- Monthly Graduate Tea events bring together students and faculty members in an informal setting.
- The relatively small size of our department has fostered a culture of getting to know graduate students from the start.
- The goal of our programs is to train students for the employment they seek and to motivate and guide them to perform beyond what is necessary. Many of our MA graduates join the PhD program at UNCG or at other institutions, some teach at community college or a four-year college, and some join industry.
Get more information
Want more information? Let’s get started!