Our dynamic program reflects the constantly changing field of nutrition. We provide a low student-to-faculty ratio, which allows for personal attention in teaching, advising, and mentoring. Many classes include a service-learning component which gives students additional opportunities for hands-on application of their coursework.
The Nutrition and Wellness concentration focuses on instruction and experience in the basic nutritional sciences, community nutrition, public health education, and kinesiology. This concentration also prepares the student for graduate training in nutrition, public health education, and exercise and sport science.
- Many of our students receive national awards for their research, including the Emerging Leader in Nutrition Science and Obesity Research Interest Section Award in the American Society of Nutrition Poster Competition; Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior Foundation Scholarship; and Lloyd International Honors Student Excellence.
- The Stone Building’s renovated classrooms and laboratories are state of the art. The research laboratories contain modern equipment for the study of cellular and molecular nutrition, nutritional and clinical biochemistry, physical fitness and body composition, and dietary intake.
The Student Experience
- All nutrition students have the opportunity to engage in undergraduate research with faculty and participate in community nutrition activities requested by the surrounding community.
- Eligible students can conduct disciplinary honors projects.
- Many undergraduate courses have a community engagement component that affords students the opportunity to gain valuable experience.
- Students may participate in the UNCG Nutrition Club, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, NC Dietetic Association, and the NC Academy of Science.
- Potential career paths and opportunities include:
- Communications and Public Relations
- Cooperative Extension
- Employee Wellness
- Fitness Industry
- Food Industry
- Graduate Student
- Health Care
- Health Food Stores
- Hunger Relief Organizations
- WIC Nutritionist
- Public Health Officer
- Voluntary and Community Health Organizations
- Weight Reduction Specialist
Want more information? Let’s get started!