The concentration in Community and Economic Development combines the MPA core requirements with courses emphasizing the knowledge and skills to prepare students to work in organizations focusing on community and economic development activities.
UNC Greensboro’s MPA program is the only MPA program in the North Carolina Piedmont Triad accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA). We provide a stimulating and challenging education enabling a diverse student body to develop public values and master essential knowledge, competencies, and skills within a supportive and cooperative community.
- UNCG’s MPA program has been ranked in the top 50 MPA programs nationally because of its affordability, NASPAA accreditation, salaries, and prestige.
- Our students come from a wide variety of majors and backgrounds and go into many types of public service positions.
- The program’s flexibility in scheduling courses, the many networking opportunities, and the variety of students and specializations are viewed by our graduates as significant strengths.
THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- Our program encourages students to gain experience through internships in their respective fields of study. Internships are generally performed over the summer with a local government or a non-profit agency. Students placed in internships have completed their first year in our MPA program. Students will also be required to prepare a research project that builds on their internship responsibilities.
- Students may enroll in the program on a flexible part-time or full-time schedule as classes are held in the evenings and on Saturdays to allow students to work on internships and full-time jobs.
Our job placement record for the past several years is over 90%.
Since 1976, our graduates have found meaningful careers in these types of organizations:
- Local, state, and federal government agencies
- Nonprofit agencies and voluntary associations
- Legislative staff positions
- Colleges and universities
- Consulting firms and contract agencies
get more information
Want more information? Let’s get started!