Are you interested in teaching sociology at the college level? UNC Greensboro’s post-baccalaureate certificate in Teaching Sociology provides graduates with a solid understanding of social theory, research methods, and data analysis along with how to teach these concepts to others.
This certificate can also serve as a direct pathway into UNCG’s master’s program in sociology.
- The sociology master’s program at UNC Greensboro has been ranked among the top 45 in the nation (no. 38) and the best such program with a criminology focus by Intelligent.com.
- Faculty is comprised of leading experts in areas such as intersectionality, culture, global studies, feminist criminology, African American/Black criminology, peacemaking criminology, and crimes of the powerful.
- UNCG’s sociology faculty received a #1 ranking in books published among institutional peers, according to Academic Analytics.
- The program prepares students for further study in particular at the Ph.D. level, for research and administrative positions in public or private organizations, and for teaching sociology in a variety of settings.
THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- The program combines core courses, elective courses, and a major course in teaching sociology.
- Careers include case management, college and university professor, drug and alcohol counselor, human services educator, and sociological researcher.
Get more information
Want more information? Let’s get started!