- M.Ed. in Learning, Design, and Technology from the University of Georgia
- LIS 472/672: Instructional Design
- LIS 669: Educational Implications of Learning and Developmental Theory
- LIS 691: Instructional Technology Capstone
Research & Publications
I am interested in the ways instructional designers attend to issues of social justice in their work, how we can better prepare the next generation of designers to engage with issues of inclusion and justice, and the intersections of culture, learning, and technology.
- Walters, K., & Kopcha, T.J. (in press). Accountability in learning design and research as an ongoing practice. In Hokanson, B, Exter, M., Schmidt, M., & Tawfik, A. (Eds.). Toward Inclusive Learning Design: Social Justice, Equity, and Community.
- Walters, K., Kopcha, T. J., & Lawton, C. R. (2021). Humanities education in the US rural south: Design, development and practice. Journal of Applied Instructional Design, 10(4), https://edtechbooks.org/jaid_10_4/humanities_education