Learn to transform conflict into positive change, growth, and learning. Use an interdisciplinary approach that incorporates the fundamentals of conflict resolution practice, analysis, and fieldwork to learn the skills and techniques necessary to successfully manage and resolve conflicts.
The Student Experience
- The certificate program is appropriate for those with an undergraduate degree who wish to obtain fundamental knowledge of the conflict resolution field of study or for professionals who have already earned a graduate degree in their professional field, but who would like to specialize in conflict resolution in their current profession or as a new area of focus.
- Credits may be used toward the online MA in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Can be completed fully online in as little as one year.
- Graduates of this program may work in positions or fields such as these: diplomat/peacebuilder, K-12 and higher education, community building and organizing, restorative justice, mediator or negotiator, trainer or facilitator, juvenile justice, legal/criminal justice, political science, law enforcement, or medical/health care.
- Sites of employment can include: government, public, community, businesses and corporations, non-governmental organizations, and nonprofits.
- Employment in mediation-related positions is projected to grow faster than average – 8% through 2029, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
ONLINE DEGREE Required State Authorization Language
Live outside North Carolina?
Currently, UNC Greensboro is authorized to offer online education in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Find out more about State Authorization — a law that regulates in which states colleges and universities can offer education.
UNC Greensboro does not guarantee that programs which fulfill North Carolina licensure requirements will satisfy the criteria of professional licensure boards in other states or territories. For further explanation, visit Professional Licensure.