The MA in Applied Economics is designed for students who seek careers in business, finance, or government as economists, forecasters, policy analysts, economic researchers, or managers with strong quantitative skills. The program is structured to develop the theoretical, quantitative, and statistical skills that are required to perform and interpret economic analyses on a wide range of policy-oriented issues.
- World-class faculty members have earned PhDs and previously taught at institutions including Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Cornell, Carnegie Mellon, Johns Hopkins, and Duke.
- Many of our faculty worked as professional economists before coming to UNC Greensboro and continue to do applied research in their fields of expertise.
- Students can choose to enrich their graduate experience through involvement with UNC Greensboro’s NABE Student Chapter (National Association of Business Economists).
- The Bryan School holds dual accreditation in business and accounting from AACSB – a distinction held by only 1% of business schools in the world.
The Student Experience
- Our students work under the guidance of faculty who conduct nationally and internationally recognized research that promotes economic understanding, policy improvements, and economic development.
- Classes at the master’s and doctoral level are small, and students benefit from accessible and available faculty. Whether it is classroom interactions or one-on-one discussions, you’ll find our faculty always have time to support you as you make your way through the program.
- Our innovative program provides our students with the advanced theoretical, quantitative, and statistical skills that are required to perform and interpret economic analyses in a wide range of policy-oriented areas including education, environmental, health, labor, and public economics, as well as technology and innovation.
- Graduates of the program are primed to work in a broad range of fields including forecasting, policy analysis and evaluation, risk analysis, and economic analysis. These fields are in high demand by a wide variety of organizations including research institutes, medical centers, financial institutions, governmental agencies, and academic departments that focus on public policy and applied microeconomics.
Want more information? Let’s get started!