FULLY ONLINE PROGRAM AVAILABLE
With UNCG’s master of science in informatics and analytics (MSIA), you can acquire the knowledge and skills to become a leader and problem-solver in a data-driven world. The data industry is growing at a rapid pace with many opportunities in this innovative and lucrative occupation.
This interdisciplinary program can be completed either online or in-person. With the cultural analytics concentration, students investigate cultural trends and the circulation of digital artifacts using text mining methods and exploratory data analysis.
- Renowned faculty in computer science, information systems and supply chain management, and mathematics and statistics teach students key concepts and tools from informatics and analytics.
THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- Students in this program will engage with tools, languages, and projects specific to their academic goals to achieve career success after graduation.
- The master of science in informatics and analytics program is a 30-credit degree that requires six core courses, three additional courses in a chosen concentration, and a capstone experience in that same concentration.
- Students can pursue a concentration in:
- Advanced Data Analytics
- Computational Analytics
- Cultural Analytics
- Health Informatics
- Employment growth in mathematical science occupations is much faster than average. Jobs in this field are projected to grow 27.9 percent through 2026, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Graduates are prepared for positions such as:
- Data scientist
- Data analyst
- Statistical consultant
- Big data engineer
- Research software developer
- Data architect
Want more information? Let’s get started!