FULLY ONLINE PROGRAM AVAILABLE
With UNCG’s master of science in informatics and analytics (MSIA), you can acquire the knowledge and skills to become a leader and problem-solver in a data-driven world. The data industry is growing at a rapid pace with many opportunities in this innovative and lucrative occupation.
This interdisciplinary program can be completed either online or in-person. With the health informatics concentration, students learn the necessary skills and knowledge of health care data and its applications. They also receive training on artificial intelligence (AI) fundamentals and how to develop data products to solve critical problems in the health care industry.
There is a growing need for experts in health care analytics, and AI is on the verge of transforming the field. This concentration gives students the tools to be successful in this exciting and in-demand field.
- Renowned faculty in computer science, information systems and supply chain management, and mathematics and statistics teach students key concepts and tools from informatics and analytics.
THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- The master of science in informatics and analytics program is a 30-credit degree that requires six core courses, three additional courses in a chosen concentration, and a capstone experience in that same concentration.
- This degree can be completed online or in-person at UNC Greensboro.
- The concentration builds on the foundational courses in Informatics and Analytics by building expertise in this particular field and its distinctive methodologies, contexts, and ethical considerations.
- Employment growth in mathematical science occupations is much faster than average. Jobs in this field are projected to grow 27.9 percent through 2026, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- The global artificial intelligence in health care market size is predicted to surpass around USD $208.5 billion by 2030, growing by 38.4 percent from 2022 to 2030, and thus creating enormous potential for high-paying jobs.
- Graduates are prepared for positions such as:
- Data scientist
- Data analyst
- Statistical consultant
- Big data engineer
- Research software developer
- Data architect
Want more information? Let’s get started!