UNC Greensboro offers the only Interior Architecture B.F.A. degree among public universities in the state. This four-year professional program allows students to focus on more art and design coursework than their peers at other schools, giving them more time to explore and hone their craft. Interior architecture classes focus on understanding materials, finishes, furnishings, manufactured objects and products, buildings, context, human behavior, and human development.
- This program is accredited by the Council for Interior Design and the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
- Interior Architecture professors regularly receive university-wide teaching and mentorship awards for their dedication to student success.
- Community-Engaged design is a key component of the program, which is committed to designs that promote social, psychological, and ecological well-being.
THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- You are given individual workspaces in our premier studio facility.
- You have access to state-of-the-art equipment and software, including computer-aided making (CAM) facilities for digital prototyping, a fully equipped woodshop for working with materials, and a computer lab with the latest design software.
- You have ample opportunities to experience interior design in real-life settings, including design centers around the country.
- Faculty lead inspiring study abroad opportunities to places such as Italy, Greece, India, Spain, and throughout Western Europe.
- Graduates regularly boast a job placement rate of more than 95 percent.
- Students find employment with design firms specializing in interior design, architecture and related fields such as graphics, furniture, preservation, home furnishings, museums and exhibition, lighting, and more.
- Some students choose to pursue graduate study at prominent national and international institutions.
- Potential career paths include:
- Interior design and architecture
- Furniture and product design
- Historic preservation
- Residential design
- Corporate design
- Hospitality design
APPLY TO Interior Architecture
In addition to completing the general application to UNC Greensboro, interested students must also apply to the Interior Architecture Department, which includes:
- Application form.
- One-page personal statement.
- Piece of original visual work.
- Short video introduction.
- Transfer students must submit a portfolio and unofficial transcript to be considered for advanced placement in the program.
More information can be found at https://iarc.uncg.edu/undergraduate/admissions/
Get more information
Want more information? Let’s get started!