The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal and Interdisciplinary Studies (BLIS) – General Psychology Concentration is a 100 percent online degree program. The program prepares students to work in human services careers, from activities coordinators at nursing homes to case managers in the juvenile justice system.
In the BLIS Psychology program, you are often interested in psychology and require knowledge of human behavior and cognition but will not be working in the therapeutic or research settings that require a Psychology BA or BS.
- Ranked as a Best Online Bachelor’s 2021 by U.S. News & World Report.
- The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal and Interdisciplinary Studies (BLIS) is a 100 percent online interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary degree program.
- Thirty percent of BLIS students have graduated cum laude or higher, and more than 40 percent have graduated with an honors GPA.
THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- Flexible schedule: The asynchronous class design means you can study when you want and when you can. Lectures are pre-recorded and can be viewed at your convenience.
- Small, interactive classes mean you receive individual attention.
- The BLIS General Psychology concentration allows you to tailor psychology class selections to the settings you plan on working in, with a broader research methods class that is applicable in most workplaces.
- The skills learned in a liberal arts program are less discipline-specific – and therefore more versatile.
- Graduates have gone on to master’s and doctoral programs (including law schools), to administrative positions in various industries, and to promotions within the places they were already working.
- Upon completion of the General Psychology Concentration, you will be able to:
- Communicate clearly and effectively in an appropriate professional style.
- Connect learning in the humanities, social sciences, and other fields to your professional lives, emphasizing current research in the field of psychology.
- Think critically and analytically about behavior and mental processes.
- Understand and explain interconnections between psychology and other fields.
ONLINE DEGREE Required State Authorization Language
Live outside of North Carolina?
Currently, UNC Greensboro is authorized to offer online education in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Find out more about State Authorization — a law that regulates which states colleges and universities can offer education.
UNC Greensboro does not guarantee that programs which fulfill North Carolina licensure requirements will satisfy the criteria of professional licensure boards in other states or territories. For further explanation, visit Professional Licensure.
Get more information
Want more information? Let’s get started!
Degree Type: Bachelor's
College/School: College of Arts and Sciences
Program Type: Majors & Concentrations
Class Type: Online
Similar Degree Offerings
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal and Interdisciplinary Studies Program