The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal and Interdisciplinary Studies (BLIS), Social Sciences Concentration is a 100 percent online interdisciplinary degree program. The program provides students an opportunity to earn their baccalaureate degree online by gaining a broad understanding of the social sciences, and exploring aspects of human behavior and societies.
- Ranked as a Best Online Bachelor’s 2021 by U.S. News & World Report.
- The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal and Interdisciplinary Studies (BLIS) is a 100 percent online interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary degree program.
- Thirty percent of BLIS students have graduated cum laude or higher, and more than 40 percent have graduated with an honors GPA.
THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- Flexible schedule: The asynchronous class design means students study when they want and when they can. Lectures are pre-recorded and can be viewed at the student’s convenience.
- Small, interactive classes mean students receive individual attention.
- The Social Sciences concentration requires 30 total credits in the BLIS BA major, including:
- Social Sciences Foundation Courses
- Social Sciences Intermediate Seminar
- Social Sciences Distribution
- Social Sciences Area of Emphasis
- Senior Seminar in the Social Sciences
- The skills learned in a liberal arts program are less discipline-specific – and therefore more versatile.
- Graduates have gone on to master’s and doctoral programs (including law schools), to administrative positions in various industries, and to promotions within the places they were already working.
- Upon completing the Special Programs in the Liberal Studies Social Sciences concentration, students will be able to:
- Engage theory and practice in the social sciences to better understand human behavior, activities, organizations, and cultures.
- Critically analyze social science related information in the popular media.
- Explain the interconnections, differences, and interdependence among the social sciences.
- Read, evaluate, and interpret research in the social sciences.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in an appropriate professional style.
ONLINE DEGREE Required State Authorization Language
Live outside North Carolina?
Currently, UNC Greensboro is authorized to offer online education in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Find out more about State Authorization — a law that regulates which states colleges and universities can offer education.
UNCG does not guarantee that programs which fulfill North Carolina licensure requirements will satisfy the criteria of professional licensure boards in other states or territories. For further explanation, visit Professional Licensure.
Get more information
Want more information? Let’s get started!