The UNC Greensboro Men’s and Women’s Tennis teams have announced their 2023-24 schedules.
The Spartans are excited to start the season off by hosting the UNCG Fall Invitational from September 15-17. UNCG will also host the Spartan Fall Invitational from October 6-8.
“We are looking forward to our first weekend of competition,” says Head Coach Jeff Trivette. “It will be a great test of our level going into our championship season. “
- UNCG will open its season at home hosting the UNCG Fall Invitational from Friday, September 15 to Sunday, September, 17.
- UNCG will also host the Spartan Fall Invitational from Saturday, October 8 to Sunday, October 9 at the UNCG Tennis Courts.
- UNCG is scheduled to compete in the Davidson Fall Invitational (September 22-24) and the Wake Forest Fall Invitational (November 3-5).
- The squad will compete at the ITA Regionals hosted by North Carolina in Cary, North Carolina from October 20-24.
- The schedule is also highlighted by 12 home matches in the spring season.
- The Spartans are back home at the UNCG Tennis Courts to open the spring season taking on Belmont Abbey on Thursday, February 1st.
- UNCG starts The Southern Conference (SoCon) slate on Monday, February, 26th at ETSU.
- The SoCon Tournament is scheduled for April 18-20 in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
“We’ve got a very solid schedule this year with a lot of challenging matches,” stated Head Coach Paul Thomson. “These young ladies have grown a lot over the last year and a half. We’ve moved from working on conflict resolution to culture and chemistry to now competition and facing challenges. I’m excited to see what they can accomplish this year individually and as a team.”
Click to view full schedule.
- The fall schedule will consist of five tournaments: two home & three away.
- The spring will feature 24 matches: 12 home, 11 away, 1 neutral
- UNCG will play seven of its home matches at the Piedmont Indoor Tennis Courts.
- The Spartans will open the season on Friday, September 22 to Sunday, September 24 in Elon, N.C. at the Elon Invitational.
- UNCG will host the UNCG Duals from Friday, September 29 to Sunday, October 1 at the UNCG Tennis Courts.
- The squad will continue at home by hosting the UNCG Invite from Friday, October 13 to Sunday, October 15.
- The Spartans will then hit the road to Lynchburg, Va., for the Liberty Invite from Friday November 3 to Sunday, November 5.
- UNCG will conclude the fall schedule with a trip to Spartanburg, S.C., for the Wofford Invite from Friday, November 10 to Sunday, November 12.
- The team travels to UNC Asheville to open the spring semester against the Bulldogs on Sunday, January 21.
- The Southern Conference (SoCon) slate will begin at home for the Spartans at the Piedmont Indoor Courts on Thursday, February 15 against ETSU, who was the 2023 SoCon Champion.
- The SoCon Championship is scheduled for April 18-21 at the Champions Club in Chattanooga, Tenn.
Story by Emma White and Kelly Couse, UNCG Athletics