The BS Program in Accounting offers courses focused on the preparation and analysis of financial statements, the use of accounting information for business decisions, and taxation and auditing. World-class faculty within the Bryan School of Business simulate real-world settings, helping students develop the necessary skills to succeed in their future careers. This major is offered on campus or 100% online for maximum flexibility.
- The BS Program in Accounting has a strong reputation of preparing students to pursue a master’s degree in accounting and ultimately pass the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination (CPA Exam).
- Students have the option to fast-track a master’s degree in accounting, earning both a bachelor’s and master’s degree in about five years.
- Both the bachelor’s and master’s-level accounting programs have separate accreditation – only 1% of business schools worldwide share the Bryan School’s dual AACSB accreditation in business and accounting.
- Named a Top 20 Online Bachelor’s in Business School by U.S. News & World Report, 2021.
The Student Experience
- Many accounting undergraduate students pursue internships related to their field.
- The Beta Alpha Psi professional organization provides students with networking opportunities, including an annual “Meet the Firms” event.
- Several student clubs provide you the opportunity to connect and network with one another, including Alpha Kappa Psi, Beta Gamma Sigma, National Millennial Community, North Carolina Sales Institute, Spartan Investment Club, and THREADS.
- Events such as Company Spotlights introduce students to business leaders in the community and provide an overview of available internship and employment opportunities and prospects.
- The BS Program in Accounting prepares students for business and accounting positions in industry, government, and nonprofit entities. In addition, you are prepared for graduate study – most often in accounting or finance, but also in law and business.
- Professional opportunities in accounting include auditor, consultant, information systems consultant, investment analyst, business adviser, tax adviser, controller, cost accountant, and financial planner.
- Employers of program graduates include FORVIS, LLP.; KPMG; PwC; Bernard Robinson & Co.; Breslow Starling; EY LLP; Gilliam Coble & Moser LLP; Grant Thornton LLP; Hanesbrands Inc.; Leeper, Kean & Rumley; Lincoln Financial; RSM US LLP; Sharrard McGee & Co.; Smith Leonard PLLC; Unifi; VF Corporation; Volvo; and Williams Overman Pierce LLP.
Live outside North Carolina?
Currently, UNC Greensboro is authorized to offer online education in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Find out more about State Authorization – a law that regulates which states colleges and universities can offer education.
UNCG does not guarantee that programs which fulfill North Carolina licensure requirements will satisfy the criteria of professional licensure boards in other states or territories. For further explanation, visit Professional Licensure.
Want more information? Let’s get started!