This program helps students develop the analytical abilities and problem-solving skills needed for success in the business world. Emphasis is placed on understanding financial systems from both a market and managerial viewpoint. With on campus and online options, courses that explore topics like investments and business finance allow you to gain a broad foundation in business, accounting and economics, as well as a greater understanding of underlying factors impacting the financial sector.
- The Bryan School’s AACSB accreditation in business and accounting places it among the top 1 percent of business schools in the world.
- This program allows you to earn both a BS and an MS in accounting in approximately five years, putting you on a fast track to a Bryan School Master of Science in Accounting.
- The program recently received an Assessment of Learning Award from the university.
The Student Experience
- The undergraduate finance program deals with the theory, organization, and operation of the financial system from both a market and a managerial viewpoint. You are expected to develop analytical abilities and to present your analyses in both written and oral form.
- Events such as Company Spotlights introduce you to the local business community and provide an overview of available internship and employment prospects.
- The Spartan Investment Club provides you with learning opportunities through various competitions and challenges, assistance in preparing for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification exam, and interaction with professionals in the field of finance.
- There are a variety of other student clubs available, such as Alpha Kappa Psi, Beta Gamma Sigma, National Millennial Community, North Carolina Sales Institute, and THREADS.
Students gain an excellent foundation for careers in the industry. Our graduates are qualified for a wide range of entry-level, business-related positions and are prepared for further graduate-level studies in areas such as accounting, finance, law, and business administration.
Our graduates will know how to:
- Create forward-looking financial statements
- Analyze the financial condition of a company
- Implement the mathematical process and application of capital budgeting
- Apply the concepts of the time value of money (TVM), the characteristics of traditional financial securities, and the valuation of these securities
Some employers of our graduates include Truist, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Koury Convention Center, and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management.
Potential career options include:
- Commercial Lender
- Personal Banker
- Financial Planner
- Stock Analyst
- Credit Analyst
- Budget Director
Want more information? Let’s get started!
Degree Type: Bachelor's
College/School: Joseph M. Bryan School of Business and Economics
Program Type: Majors & Concentrations
Class Type: In Person,Online
Dr. Randal Elder