The online post-baccalaureate certificate in Birth-Kindergarten (BK) Initial Licensure at UNC Greensboro provides graduate-level training for students with a bachelor’s degree in early childhood or a related field seeking an initial North Carolina BK teaching license. The program is jointly administered with the Department of Human Development and Family Studies and the Department of Specialized Education Services.
- School of Education is ranked #41 for Best Online Masters in Education Program by the US News & World Report.
- HDFS is ranked #10 nationally and #1 in North Carolina for HDFS departments by The HDFS Report.
- HDFS is in the Top 49 Best Early Childhood Degree Programs for 2021 by Intelligent.com.
The Student Experience
- This program is designed for those seeking an initial North Carolina BK teaching license who already have an undergraduate degree in early childhood or a related field.
- In this program, you participate in real-time field experiences and student-teaching in inclusive early childhood settings (which can be completed in your own classroom).
- Experienced and committed faculty from the HDFS and SES departments teach, advise, and mentor you in this innovative interdisciplinary program.
- The T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® North Carolina Scholarship Program provides scholarships for qualified students in this program.
- Graduates become Public Pre-K or Kindergarten Teachers, Early Interventionists, and Head Start Teachers.
- Upon completion of this program, you will be eligible for employment in a variety of settings, including public schools, private child care, Head Start and Early Head Start, Early Intervention, resource and referral, and specialized education and inclusive education programs.
Apply to Program
- EARLY admission: OCTOBER 15
- PRIORITY consideration: JANUARY 15
- FINAL opportunity for consideration: FEBRUARY 1
LICENSURE ELIGIBILITY NOTICE
The U.S. Department of Education requires that all higher education institutions advise students as to whether their curriculum provides them with the eligibility to apply for a professional license and/or certification in the state for which they plan to practice.
As such, please review UNC Greensboro’s status by state for the Master’s degree in BK Advanced Licensure Program. You should note whether the program either “meets”, “does not meet”, or if there “has not been a determination” of the program’s status in the state for which you plan to practice. You should contact the program’s support staff at email@example.com with any questions regarding this data.
Want more information? Let’s get started!