The online post-baccalaureate certificate in Leadership in Infant and Toddler Learning (LITL) at UNC Greensboro requires 19 credit hours and is offered jointly by the departments of Human Development and Family Studies and Specialized Education Services.
The program is designed to provide students with graduate-level training and a credential to pursue careers in leadership positions in early care and education settings focusing on infants and toddlers, including Infant-Toddler Specialists, Early Intervention, Early Head Start, child care, Smart Start, resource and referral, and community college instruction.
- School of Education is ranked #41 for Best Online Masters in Education Program by the US News & World Report.
- The HDFS is ranked in the Top 49 Best Early Childhood Degree Programs for 2021 by Intelligent.com.
- The interdisciplinary program prepares students in both early childhood education and early childhood special education.
The Student Experience
- This program is designed for students wishing to develop in-depth knowledge of infant-toddler development and programming and those seeking to assume leadership roles within educational and/or community agencies that support infants and toddlers, and their families.
- Experienced and committed faculty from both Human Development & Family Studies and Specialized Education Services teach, advise, and mentor students in this innovative interdisciplinary program.
- Students have opportunities to fulfill partial requirements for the North Carolina Infant-Toddler Mental Health Endorsement process.
- The T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® North Carolina Scholarship Program provides scholarships for qualified students in this program.
- Graduates fill a variety of positions with infant-toddler programs such as the NC Birth to Three Quality Initiative, Early Intervention, and Early Head Start.
- Graduates lend expertise related to infants and toddlers in positions with child care programs, Child Care Resource & Referral agencies, Smart Start programs, and community college early childhood education programs.
Want more information? Let’s get started!